Sunday, 12 March 2017

4/01/17-Double

This lesson was the first day back after Christmas, this lesson was spent in the hall. We had the aim of running through the whole show however this was obviously challenging as we only have 1 hour and 40 for each lesson. Unfortunately we could only reach to the end of Act 1, however I feel this was a nice place to stop as we could easily pick up next lesson. Considering that we had 2 weeks off prior to this lesson, I think we done very well. The only thing that occurred as a problem was Transitions, the transitions between each scene was not of a good standard. Certain props were left on stage and some people didn't know what song was next which made it quite difficult. It was brought up by our teacher that we would be working on this the next lesson. However apart from this, there were many positives to this rehearsal. For example, everyone was projecting clearly from stage and could be heard from the audience.


Since the stage is a lot bigger than what we are used to performing on, you would expect us to have really bad special awareness. However this was not the case, everyone was able to adapt to the space available on stage. Although there is one thing we could improve on, that was not performing too far back on the stage. Most of us were behind the proscenium arch on the stage. This distorted the sound of us singing and made us sound even quieter and for those who have projection issues this did not help.

Here are some of the things I need to improve

Rent
I need to make sure I am loud in the wings so i can be heard by the audience. Now we are in a larger space my projection needs to adapt. Everyone else sounds good, although seeing the dance on the stage, it does look really bad. I think there needs to be a decision whether this will be cut.

Today 4 U
Getting used to the staging was very tricky as there is a lot more space to work with compared to what we was using in the gallery theatre. My teacher, Mr Mckay picked up on my physicality during this song. Currently I have little to nothing of choreography/dance during this song and I think i was too busy thinking of what is should do to make the song interesting rather than actually performing in character. I am going to work on some movements in my own time for next lesson.

I'll Cover you
This was probably the worst we have ever sung this song. I dont know what happened but it did not sound great at all. Perhaps it was because we was in a larger space and that meant that we had to project more, I am unsure. Our harmonies were off and we could not be heard through the mics, obviously it had something to do with our projection.  If we perform like this again we need to work on this as it is nearing show night and there is little time left to fix things.


No comments:

Post a Comment