This lesson we staged the very first song in the play, there are only 4 in total, however we haven't looked at songs yet. Being so close to the night of our final performance, it is imperative that we start practicing these songs in order. Prior to this lesson Cameron had created a backing track to the first song in the play. I think Cameron has done a great job at composing the backing track, the rocky edge to it gives it the energy we need to start off the play As this is a really rocky song it needs lots of energy otherwise it will not engage the audience. We decided that we should just dance during the part that Mother Courage is singing. I didn't really know what to dance like so I just started to bob my head to the music and then soon got into the rhythm. However I did think that I looked really stupid, my teacher did say the the stupider you look the funnier and more energetic the song will be. After this, we performed the song again and I just went for it. I think what my teacher was true I felt that I did exert more energy into the song which made it enjoyable and I didn't really care what I looked like in the end. As I am actor, I need to get out of this habit which is caring what people think of me. This habit has definitely affected my acting in the past as I worry if i'm doing a good job or I am rubbish. This self doubt & consciousness has always messed up my confidence which I do find i struggle with. I would really like to work on my confidence more over this course.
After practicing it for a while we decided we would run through scene 1 along with the song as well. I think the scene went really well, the song adds the extra energy to it which it has been lacking recently. One thing i would say is that when we all dance in the song we end up forming a clump in the middle of the stage and the rest of the stage was empty. I think if we was dispersed all over the stage this would make it look more busy so it will engage the audience a lot more. However this is only my thought so it depends if it would work where the microphones are placed so they can pick up our singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment