Today was the day we started our first unit which was musical theatre, we was given the task of spending 20 minutes practicing a song we was going to perform to the whole class. I am not used to singing so I immediately felt nervous, but after a few minutes I brought my self together and searched for a song of my liking that I could actually kind of sing. I don't have much confidence singing in front of people so I did find this task challenging. When the time came for me to sing I did not think I could do it, but I did. I don't think I done my best at all. This is most probably because I've never trained my voice or been part of anything musical theatre. I was given feedback which was to focus on my breathing and tone of voice. This would affect me as a performer as not everything I will do would be straight acting, most performers are end up doing something out of there comfort zone so this is something I need to get used to if I a want to succeed in this unit. Shortly after I and the rest of the boys in my class were given the task with of learning a song which was called JCB for our next lesson. I was in a group with two other people.
One way in which I could improve is by taking part in musical theatre at school or potentially outside of school. I could also start doing vocal warm ups each day to start training my voice, this could improve. I am going to watch some videos of vocal warmups to do each day. Hopefully and improve my voice and make it better than it is at this stage.
This lesson I have learnt what my weaknesses are when singing and what I need to focus on in the future to improve my voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment