Saturday, 21 January 2017

15/12/16 & 19/12/16-Double

This lesson we spent working upon Act 2 of Rent, mainly blocking 'Goodbye love'. This song really highlights the tension in the group of friends and conveys the idea that angel was the glue holding everyone together to the audience,  it is also straight after Angel's funeral so change in emotion from sad to angry is instant which we would like to highlight in our singing. Vocally, I think we are capable of achieving this as everyone is able to portray emotion in their singing. Because of this we decided we would start to stage this number so we can eventually block it. Due to no black out and an immediate transition between 'I'll cover you (Reprise)' and 'Goodbye Love' it will be hard to bring any blocks on stage to use. So we will need to work with what we have got. In my opinion, I don't think we should use any blocks as this will take away from what is happening on stage. Keeping the cast close together and the staging simple will draw the audiences' attention the the fight between everyone and won't distract people.

I think this run through of this number went well, as you can see in the video below. Although one thing I would say everyone could work on would be timing, You can hear that people are out of time so this is something they need to work on. Also I feel that projection. Taylor for example can't be heard at the start however this is only minor as later o in the song she uses her projection effectively and can be heard clearly. For Henri, I think it's just the case of learning his lyrics so he become more confident in the song. I think Cameron should work with Henri in creating more tension during their argument because at the moment it's a little too soft. Rodger and Mark are great friends and Rodger is just leaving without saying goodbye so there needs to some feeling of neglect on Mark's behalf. These are the only criticisms I could find for this run through of this song.
We did perform other big numbers this lesson as well such as:
"One song glory"-2nd number
This number is one of my favourites out of the whole musical This boils down to Henri's amazing vocals in this song. His projection, diction and articulation is all on point and this is just an amazing song itself. 

"Light my candle"-3rd number
This song has come along way since the very start. Both Henri and Taylor are much more confident which can be seen when they sing this song. Although one thing I would say to them is that they need to maintain their projection throughout the whole song as at some points, when sitting right at the back of the audience. They can sometimes not be heard. 

"Tango:Maureen"-6th number
This song is amazing. Vocals are on point and it has been blocked. Again, Cameron needs to watch his feet when he is dancing as he is sometimes clashing with Lorna causing them to lose the timing in the rhythm of their dance. However this is only a minor detail and can be worked upon very easily.

19/12/16
This lesson was mainly focused on making sure that all songs in Act 1 were blocked and vocals were up to scratch. We performed songs that we did not complete yesterday, songs such as "Today 4 U", "Rent" , "I'll cover you" and "Over the moon".

"Rent"- 1st number
I am located in the wings in this number as it is before Today 4 U.

No comments:

Post a Comment