This lesson we focused on Act 2 again as we need to start staging and blocking the main numbers in this act. However, there has been major changes to the song order. Act 1 now finishes after "Over the moon" and then Act 2 starts with "La vie Boheme" not "Seasons of love". Act 2 now ends with "Seasons of love". Songs such as What you own, Finale B, Voicemail #5, Your eyes have now been cut. This was due to the lack of time and rehearsals we have left before our final performance. So this was for our benefit in the end. Although it would have been nice to do all of the songs we simply wouldn't have had enough to catch up. This lesson was focused on the songs we have already learnt prior to the changes. So we performed "La vie boheme", "Happy new year B" and did a little bit of staging for "Without you".
"La vie Boheme"-14th number
This number has now been moved to the very start of Act 2. As this number will be the very first song of Act 2 we want to make sure that it is full of energy and make sure the audience is engaged. After going through a full run through of this number, it was noted by our teacher that so sometimes we can perform this number really well and other times it can be very flat and boring. I think that everyone vocally is great however it's interactions and dancing that will enhance the energy of this song. Maybe we should think about if it is possible adding a little more choreography to the song as I do find at some points we are just standing there waiting for a certain part of the song where someone comes in to say something. However overall, this song is looking good so far.
"Happy New Year B"-15th number
This performance was as great as our last one. It was packed full of energy which made it a very smooth and fluent run through again. I used projection this time when trying to hit the high note and I was able to do it. I felt really proud of myself as this is something I have been struggling with for a long time, I can say this has boosted my confidence as well. Everyone else sounded great which produced an excellent run through of the song, they all also remembered the staging which was good as usually this takes some time getting used to, however the staging is very simple so this is probably why.
"Without you"-17th number
As previously decided last lesson this is the number, unfortunately, i will be dying in. This means that we need to make the staging as emotional as possible. We decided that the staging for this number should be plain simple in order the retain the raw emotion of Taylor's solo/duet with Henri also. The staging is as followed: There will be a 'hospital bed' aka a table that Collins will place me on. This will be on the lyric 'The stars gleam'. Then other characters will enter on certain lyrics around my bed saying a final goodbye to me. Alice (Maureen) will then exit once Lorna (Joanne) enters, this is to highlight that they are still not on good terms to the audience. Each person around my bed would leave one by one. Then Benny will enter, he'll say his goodbyes and then I die. Then it goes straight into the Reprise of I'll cover you. This was only a brief description of the staging for this number will be like, we haven't had the opportunity yet to properly stage it. The singing in this song is amazing. Taylor really captures the emotion in her voice when she is singing which I think adds to the raw emotion of the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment