Wednesday, 25 January 2017

29/11/16-Single

This lesson we worked setting the rest of the play. We worked on multiple scenes. These were scene 7,8,9 and 11. Scene 10 has been cut due to it having no relevance to the play and also we do not have much time left until our final performance. I do not appear in Scene 7,8 and 9 so I decided that I would work on our Brecht presentation that we will be presenting next lesson the class.

Scene 11
This scene has been run so many times that everyone knows what is going on so this has helped the scene run more smoothly than others. I have learnt all my lines for this so I was able to not use the script. I feel as though this allowed to become my character of The Farmer's son more as I am not focusing on reading in front of me, not reading off my script I think will help me develop on my characterisation as I can now focus on the physicality of my character, I can now use movement and my arms are not restricted by holding a script as well. This lesson I decided that I would also focus on my voice, specifically projection and diction. I really would like to give The Farmer's son an accent (hence im working on diction). This would make him more distinguishable between my 3 characters that i play. However, I do find this challenging as as an accents that I try are never permanent. I end up returning to my English accent. This doesn't make the character feel authentic because of this I think I am going to try and use a somerset accent as this is the stereotypical accent that a farmer inhabits. I am going to practice this using this video:
Although this video has a comedic value to it, it does highlight how to pronounce certain words which has helped me so far I think this will help me develop my diction as a skill that I could use in the future as well. I am going to look for other videos to help me improve this accent.

I decided to work on projection as 1- i want the audience to hear me clearly and 2- I think projection will aid me in portraying different emotions such as Despair and anger, these are the two main emotions that The Farmer's son conveys in this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment