"I'll Cover you"-11th number
When I am performing this duet I feel as though everyone is distracted by the dance in the song. It doesn't capture the love that Angel and Collins have between each other. I also find that the jump that i do into Collins' arms is really tacky. I just think that a simple stripped back dance will help the audience to understand the love between Collins and Angel and won't be as 'in the audience's face' dance. This song has almost been blocked so I doubt that any changes could be made
"Tango Maureen"- 6th number
The tango in this song is getting better although it is Cameron who needs to learn the tango. You can see when sat in the audience that Cameron hasn't practiced enough. If I was Cameron i would set aside some of my spare time after school to try and the learn the dance with Lorna (Plays Joanne). However, the singing in this song is excellent, both Lorna and Cameron sounded pitch perfect so you can tell the song is coming together and is almost at the stage of being blocked.
"Will I?"-9th number.
I feel as though this is this the most emotional number out of them all. This song really captures the worry of characters, wondering if they will live to see another day. Especially my character, Angel, who is diagnosed with HIV who eventually dies. I do find myself getting mixed up when I'm supposed to come in singing with Collins as there are groups of people that come in at different times. I think I should listen the beats until I come in then start practicing the start of the song.
"Life Support"-7th number
I do find myself getting mixed up with the timing at the start of the song. My line, "Hi i'm Angel", is triggered by the name that is "Sue" but people with other mess up there timing which puts me off. I think we all need to practice this timing in our spare time. The staging of this song has been blocked which is good. I think we should listen to the beats until I say my name, then start practicing with the backing track until we start to remember when to come in.
Overall I think that Act 1 is almost complete, most numbers are of good quality which means we can now start to focus on Act 2 of the musical. I think my main criticism to work on for Act 1 now is timing, I need to make sure my timing is right in order for the songs to sound good.
No comments:
Post a Comment