Life support-7th number
The main problem in this song was timing. Again it is the names at the start of the song that keeps putting everyone of their timing. I know when I say my name to the beat as I have been practicing this at home in my spare time however people keep mucking up their line, this then puts me off as the name before mine hasn't been said so it hasn't triggered me to say my name. Cameron is the other person that needs to work on his timing. When he enters and does his little solo, he finds himself at a too fast pace to the beat this puts him ahead of everyone else. I think for this number timing is the main priority. The staging has stayed the same throughout the song, however there has been a slight change at the end. Everyone walks off stage at the end except Me and Lorna. This will be explained why later on in the analysis of Will i?.
Another Day-8th number
This song was probably the most successful, it was very fluent when we ran it. Both Henri and Taylor knew their lines which made it easier to run through as well. I think the only improvement that could be made this song is a smoother transition between Life support and Another day. At the moment Taylor is running from one side of the stage to the other to get to the part where she enters the apartment to sing Another Day. This is something we may need to figure out when we stage it in the hall.
Will I?- 10th number
There is only now 4 of us on stage in this number. Lorna, Taylor, Henri and I. Our director wanted to make this song more centimental and emotional. He did try the song with Collins however it didn't have a big impact as if Angel was on stage. The lyrics correlate to Angel more (who ends up dying) which makes more sense. The reduction also made the song not so jumbled as before there were different people who came in at different times which put everyone off in their timing. The verses are now numbered along with people. So Lorna sings verse 1 then Henri joins in on verse 2 Lorna still singing. It is explained visually in the video below, this is how the new arrangement of Will I? looks like.
Overall, I think we have made significant improvement in this rehearsal, we all worked well as a company by pitching in ideas. The level of professionalism was good and we need to keep this up.
No comments:
Post a Comment