Saturday, 12 November 2016
1/11/16-Single
This was the first lesson after half term. This lesson we was given our characters that we are going to be playing. I was given 3 characters they were The Quartermaster, The Clerk and The Farmer's son. I think that having 3 characters is a blessing in disguise as this means that i can portray 3 different characters each using different physicality and voice. I think that this is the best opportunity to show of my skills to my best potential. We started to go over scene 1 of mother courage. None of my characters appear in scene 1 of mother courage so I didn't do any performing. However we decided that the characters who were not in the scene being acted out would sit in a line along each side of the stage. This made sure that the audience would be constantly reminded that the characters are not real so they will not create any emotional attachment to the characters. Thus creating the Brechtian style of 'Mother Courage'. I suggested having all characters sit in a line at the back of the stage as it would be easier for the audience to see them, however this idea was dismissed as people could have been blocked by staging or people. I think that the scene did lack energy however this was our very first lesson of getting to know the play so this was most likely why it lacked energy. However this was a very productive lesson. We also filmed some bits for the promotional video for our performing arts department at school.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment