Sunday, 27 November 2016

14/11/16-Single

In this lesson we started to go through scene 3 of 'Mother Courage and her children'. I play The Quartermaster in scene 3. This scene is the longest scene throughout the play so we need to make sure we keep the energy throughout the scene. Since I start the scene of I need make sure that i put loads of energy into my first line to engage the audience straight away. As we have only just approached this scene I don't think I was able to create a comedic atmosphere that would entertain the audience. I think was due to the fact that I didn't know where to place the comedy in my lines . This is something  that I need to work on with all three of my characters. I think that I just need to make everything is over the top. This means any reactions The Quartermaster has to other characters and objects need to be exaggerated. My teacher suggested that I should try and portray The Quartermaster as someone who is full of themselves and someone who is sort of a wheeler dealer; like stereotypical dodgy people who sell things from their coat, this is who I imagine The Quartermaster to be. Of course I am not use to this, so I think I am going to practice this in my own time trying different ways to convey my character in this way.

For next lesson If we run through scene 3 again I need to make sure I am confident in portraying The Quartermaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment