This lesson Lewis and I, who plays Collins was sent away to rehearse and stage 'I'll cover you'. I wasn't feeling my greatest today as I had a cold and sore throat so this effected my vocal ability. I didn't want to sing just in case I damaged my voice. However we was still able to stage the song. As the song starts straight after 'Santa Fe', I did find it tough at first as I had to get used to holding hands and cuddling with Collins. However, this is a role that I love and like playing, also as an actor being out of my comfort zone is something I will have to get used to. Staging the song was quite difficult as we had to come up with ideas, we decided that we should take inspiration from the lyrics of song. For example on the lyrics "You'll be my king", I am going to pretend to place a crown on Collins head. We thought this would add a bit of comedy to the song. As this song is the pivotal point in the musical, it starts to highlight that love can blossom from anything. We really wanted to portray this in the song so this number is something we really need to focus on to convey the love between Angel and Collins. As Lewis has more of a deep voice when he sings I found it hard to harmonise with him as i am use to singing in a higher octave. I think i utilise my falsetto on the higher notes in the song. Harmonies are really important in this song so we also need to focus on these as well. Collins and I can focus on this in our own time.
No comments:
Post a Comment