Monday, 28 November 2016

15/11/16-Single

In this lesson we ran through scene 3 up to the point where we had stopped to last lesson, this was at a jump in time separation in the scene; 3 days after the attack from the Catholics. The Quartermaster doesn't appear for the rest of scene 3.I think I have improved since last lesson where we first saw Scene 3. I think that my projection and pace has improved as i am now much louder when i'm speaking: i think this is what also makes my character more over the top which is also entertaining for the audience. As for my pace, i now feel that i am not rushing my lines and i am much more clearer when speaking my lines. The performance was also full of energy which gave the performance comedic value. After the rehearsal our teacher then separated us into two groups, They were music ( For songs). costume and staging & props. I wanted to go into costume as I love fashion and this is something I would like to go into if acting doesn't work out, potentially costume designing. As we are setting mother Courage in a post-apocalyptic era and most of the scenes are set in an army camp; so I thought that the mood board for ideas about clothing should be based around camo as it would best suit this era, vest tops with rips would symbolise that mother Courage and her children have physically been through a lot which they have. For example Yvette is the prostitute of the camp so our group thought that she could wear a camo style corset. This still highlights that war is a part of Yvette as it is with all the characters, however it notifies the audience that she still likes to show off her body so she gets customers. The corset will be accompanied by other clothing  of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment