This lesson we was introduced to Scene 11 of Mother Courage, this scene evolves around the death of Kattrin. I was put into a group with Taylor, Tyler, Warren, Will and Chloe. We all decided that we wanted to take a comedic approach to this scene, even though it's about death, as in my opinion Mother Courage is one big laughing stock to be honest yet has a deeper meaning to it about war. We wanted to make the audience laugh but then feel like they shouldn't be laughing at the same time because it's such a sensitive scene. Firstly we read through the scene so we got a basic understanding of which character would suit each person the best. Also we came across a problem as there was more characters than there was actors in our group. We decided that one actor would take on an extra and that was Will, he would play the first soldier and second soldier. I think the rehearsal went well however I don't think i was able to portray the farmer correctly. As this scene needs to be comedic it think that I was too serious when being portraying my character. This is something I think I need to focus on not just for this scene but for the whole play. therefore practicing this scene in my own time will benefit me.
Next lesson when we perform this scene to the class I need to make sure I can make my character more comedic so they are not as boring for the audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment