This lesson was mostly focused on harmonies. The harmonies we focused on were 'Seasons of love' and 'Santa Fe'. These numbers are the main numbers that are solely based on harmonies, especially 'Seasons of love'. For the harmonies in Seasons of love, my teacher wanted me to sing the part that the girls sing in the song. I'm not very comfortable with singing in a high octave as I don't have that much confidence however i'm fine when i sing in lower octave similar to what the boys sing. This was very challenging for me and I felt as though I couldn't use projection in my voice as I thought I sounded terrible. So consequently, me not using projection led to my teacher who was sat in the audience's seat could not hear me in the harmonies. I think that i need to have a 1 on 1 session with a vocalist in my school.to try and gain my confidence when singing high notes. I also found the harmonies difficult to learn but i soon got the hang of it after practice. I messed up a couple of times on the start of the song as i am the one that starts it with the lyric 'New York city'. I had previously practiced this in my own time however I think that this mess up was only a one off.
For next lesson I need to make sure I learn the harmonies of both numbers we practiced we in this lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment