I think I used my projection, which is a skill that I am working on this unit, effectively in this number. My physicality as Angel has improved a lot, after taking inspiration from ' Ru Pauls drag race' I think I have applied this to the character very well.
I think Will, who plays Benny has improved a lot. He has never sung before like me, he is now using his diaphragmatic support from his diaphragm. This has improved his projection as he is now much louder when he is singing. I think this is also due to his increase in confidence, this has influenced his presence on stage as well as it is now much more dominant.
I think that Tyler needs to work on his projection more as you can't really hear him. When we perform the song the backing track will be much louder and Tyler will need to project his voice to almost overpower the backing track otherwise he won't be heard.
Here is a snippet of what we have done this lesson:
For next lesson I need to make sure I work on my articulation for my solo. I also need to keep practicing my projection as this is a key skill for Musical Theatre and it still needs to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment