Sunday, 13 November 2016

2/11/16-Double

This lesson we started to stage the big numbers in the musical. We went into the main hall where the stage we are performing on is located. I think that staging our performance on the stage we will be performing on gave us all an insight into what potential is available with the staging. We staged and sung 'Seasons of love' and received criticism, this was that our teacher who was sat where the audience would be sitting said that he couldn't hear us which meant that we all had to project more so the audience will be able to hear us. I did find this hard as I needed use more diaphragmatic support than what I already was using to boost my projection. I thought that I was already using it to my best ability but I obviously wasn't. We then started to stage La Vie Boheme, After this we was given feedback, this was that the song lacked energy. I think this because some people, including me, were too focused on their singing and not actually making the performance energetic. This is something we need to focus on as this is probably one of the most famous numbers in the musical and we want to make sure the audience will enjoy it. We then went onto stage 'Santa Fe', I found the entrance onto the stage as I cant remember when on. I need to listen to the song in my own time to get used to the number of beats before i enter on the lyric 'New York City'. I also found that my pace of singing was too fast for the backing track, this is another thing i need to focus on.

Next lesson I think we need to focus on the number 'La vie boheme' as there needs to be more energy and choreography into the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment