In this lesson we performed scene 11 to the class. I did practice trying to take a comedic approach to scene 11 however i don't think i approached this scene as comedic. As this scene is about death and is very sensitive. I think that I conveyed too much emotion in this scene which restricted me from adding comedy to it. This is something I need to work on a lot as I need to make sure the character I will portray once I have my character I have been cast. I think the other group approached the scene in comedic value, it contained lots of energy which is what I think our performance lacked. As the scene needed to contain comedic value it also needed to have a chaotic atmosphere. I felt that our approach to the scene lacked a chaotic feeling to it this was partially down to there being a lack of energy and partly due to the acting, i think our acting as a group was very sloppy. All of these problems didn't allow us to create a tense atmosphere which is what is also needed in this scene. I think the other group had the best approach to scene as they created tension by using the drum Kattrin bangs and projection & tone of voice of actors. By using these two things together they created an energetic and comedic performance which was enjoyable to watch.
I think after half term when we start proper rehearsals we need to make sure all of us are putting in lots of energy so we can create an enjoyable performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment