Sunday, 13 November 2016

3/11/16-Single

In this lesson we went through scene 1-3 of Mother Courage. My first character came in in scene 3, this character was The Quartermaster. The Quartermaster, at first, comes off as a panicky character. He is trying to get find money so he can buy more liquor for the colonel as they have drunk themselves dry of alcohol. He discovers a vendor along his travels, this vendor just happens to be mother courage. He tries to sell bullets to Mother courage in return for guilders (currency used in the play). However Mother Courage is skeptical of The Quartermaster. Scene 3 starts of with me persuading mother courage to buy the bullets off of me. I need to make sure in this that I emphasise and exaggerate my lines, this will make it look like my character is in desperate need of mother courage help. I don't think I was able to convey this is when i was rehearsing. However we are only in the rehearsal process, this is the time where I need to develop my physicality of characterisation. I also tried using an accent on The Quartermaster, I think that it was effective as it highlighted that I was able to separate myself from the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment