Thursday, 27 October 2016

17/10/16-Single

This lesson we was introduced to the third scene of Mother Courage. I was put in a group with Alice, Amy and Will. Our group was short of people so we had to improvise with who we had. There were 5 characters to play however we only had 4 people. We decided I would play the amourer, Alice would play Mother Courage, Amy play Swiss cheese and Will would play Kattrin. I think the performance went well however when we was rehearsing, Will did find it difficult to try and play two characters. I think this is something we could have taken a different approach to if we were to perform this again. Also I don't think that there was enough energy in the performance to keep the audience engaged, perhaps this is something we need to focus on more as Mother Courage is all about energy and keeping the audience entertained. In the performance I did use an accent, this is because I want to try and distance myself from the character as much as possible so I don't feel like I'm portraying the character as myself, this will also help make the audience not develop any attachments to the character.
This lesson I learnt that I just need to make sure that I'm putting enough energy into the performance along with my cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment