This lesson we just repeated what we done last lesson which was Mother Courage. We was shown a video of another We got into our previously assigned group I was playing Mother Courage. I think this was a challenging character as it is the opposite sex. However this is a way to portray Brechtian theatre as he used cross sex rolling. I had to focus on my movement as I had to make sure it was feminine. I'm quite feminine in my actual movement anyway so this was already easy for me. Also the facial expressions and posture soon came quickly to me. When we was rehearsing we decided that we should create levels to make the scene less boring for the audience so we created mother courage's wagon with table and chairs. We had Alice, who was playing Kattrin, on top as we wanted some focus on her even though she doesn't say anything. This way the audience wouldn't get emotionally involved in the characters. We rehearsed this the whole lesson as we needed to make sure that we all knew what we were doing.
This lesson I learnt how I need to portray Mother Courage as a character without the audience becoming too emotionally invested.
No comments:
Post a Comment