In this lesson we went through scene 2 of Mother Courage. I was in a group with Taylor, Warren and Will. In this scene. I was playing Eilif, Taylor was playing Mother Courage, Will was playing the cook and Warren was playing the sergeant. The scene contains the Sergeant and Eilif are eating dinner, Mother Courage and the Cook are preparing their dinner. We thought it would be best if we split the stage in half. One side was the tent where me and warren were going to have dinner. In this scene there was a song sung Eilif, to make it fun we thought it would be a good idea to rap the song instead. To create the beat to the rap we decided that we would use items that each character would have. We decided that Mother Courage would have a pot and spoon and The cook would have a tray and knife and the Sergeant would have a pen. I think that hardest part of the rap was finding a beat to rap to. Warren found himself very out of beat, This was probably because everyone was out of time and it was hard to keep up to the beat. I also found it difficult to rap to as the beat was also of key it just wasn't clicking. After help and practice we soon got the hang of it. The acting in this scene was very straight forward and we didn't have any problems with it. I think overall when we performed the scene to the class it went well, everyone was engaged and found the rap funny which is what we wanted.
When we perform another scene form mother courage we need to make sure we keep this energy up to keep the audience engaged.
I didn't learn anything new this lesson apart from what happens in Scene 2 of Mother Courage.
No comments:
Post a Comment