Thursday, 27 October 2016

13/10/16-Double

In this lesson we sung the main numbers. Everyone was back in class apart from Henri as he was still absent from glandular fever. We sang through 'Seasons of love' and 'La vie Boheme'. I didn't have any problems performing these songs as I feel that I now know them well enough that the vocals come naturally to me. I was also introduced to the song 'Life support'. I immediately fell in love with this song as I know it has a deep emotional meaning. I think that this song will be great for me as I can convey emotion really well however it will be more difficult as I will be singing a song. As an actor you develop new skills all the tike so I think this will be a great skill for me when I'm portraying Angel in other songs. I was also introduced to a number called 'Santa Fe'. Me, Lewis and Cameron are in this song .The beat of this song is very calm and soothing, so I think this will be a nice transition from 'La vie boheme'. I start the number of with the lyric 'New York city', I found the timing of this lyric at the start very hard to remember this caused timing issues when practicing the song. This is something I need to practice at home.  For next lesson I need to make sure I know my timing in the number 'Santa Fe'. This lesson I learnt the skill of singing with emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment