This lesson we practiced staging
'La vie Boheme'. This song is the second major number in the play 'Rent' that contains all cast members. Staging this song was quite difficult as we needed to make sure everyone can be seen on stage and no one is masked by anyone. As the song is set in a restaurant it was decided by the director that we should all be sitting down at tables. Maureen (Alice), Joanne (Lorna) on one table, Mimi (Taylor), Angel (Me) and Collins (Lewis) on another table and finally Rodger (Henri), Mark (Cameron) on another table. Benny (Will) is on his own table at the back. The waiter who is played by Tyler is running around the restaurant to create a busy atmosphere, he needed to do this anyway as he was singing our orders as he takes them.There was also another part of the song I had to character sing, I did find this a little hard as I had to character sing this part and its difficult to remember, however I did set the task to myself that I need to go over the lines of the character singing and practice it at home.
This lesson I didn't learn anything new apart from the staging of the number La vie Boheme.
No comments:
Post a Comment