In this lesson we performed scene 1 of 'Mother Courage' to the class. This was in the groups we was placed in when we was first introduced to the play. We was given the task of applying what we had researched about WW2 to the play. I do not think we applied our research correctly as the performance was just the same when we performed it to the class. If we was to perform this scene again I think our group should focus on getting to know our characters better. This would allow us to know how we should portray our characters to make them more understandable to the audience. However at the same we need to make sure the audience do not make emotional connections to the character which is what Brecht wanted his plays to be like. If we want to portray Brechtian style then I think this is something that we need to focus on. I also think that I was not confident enough when portraying Mother Courage. I think this made the performance lack effort and just made it really boring for the audience.
This lesson I have learnt that i need to make sure I understand the character and that i am confident when portraying them, this will allow me to be engaging.
No comments:
Post a Comment