Friday, 7 October 2016

29/09/16-Double

This lesson was mostly performance. We was fully introduced to the first song of the musical (Rent). The song was called 'Seasons of Love'. At first we just sung the song without any movement as we needed to focus on the harmonies of the song first. Once we had completed this our teacher decided that we needed to start staging the song. He decided that we should all enter from the wings of the stage before we start to sing. Then we stand at different angle to try and make some sort of differentiation between every character, basically so the staging doesn't look boring to the audience. Once we had figured out the staging there was still something not right with the harmonies according to the teacher. He decided that I should sing in a higher octave as I could reach the notes some of the girls were hitting. This actually made the harmonies better as there was a balance in the vocals.

This lesson I wasn't really introduced to anything new so I couldn't learn anything new. However I learnt the lyrics to 'Seasons of Love'. Here is the song if you have never heard of it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment