Wednesday, 26 October 2016

11/10/16-Single

In the first part of this lesson we was introduced to Gestus. Gestus is a Brechtian acting technique which is a combination of physical gestures and attitudes. We was given 10 minutes the titles 'Kind politician' and 'Destructive politician'. I think most of us in our group spent too long thinking of ideas than actually doing anything, this put us behind the other group. when it came to presenting our Gestus, I don't think our Gestus was the best it could of been. We then moved on to story telling. We had to sit in a circle. A person would start a story and going anti clockwise we needed to expand the story. Once completed we then had to complete the story again but this time make what we engaging. I think this came naturally to me as I find it easy to become engaging. For the last part of the lesson we was given a poem by Roald Dahl. I was in a group with Cameron, Chloe and Warren. We was given the poem 'Jack and the beanstalk'. I think there was many things we could have done with this poem to make it engaging. We decided as a group that we would use paper to illustrate to the audience what was really going on. For example Cameron had a piece of paper on him saying 'I'm the giant', this makes the performance cheesy and engaging for the audience.
This lesson i learnt what a Gestus was and how we can apply it to Mother Courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment