This lesson we performed our numbers that we practiced last lesson to the class however this time we received criticism from classmates and teachers. My most common critique was that my last note in 'I'll cover you' needed to have a smoother transition between octaves as i go an octave higher on the last lyric which is 'you'. I think this still needs practice as I haven't been singing for long so my voice is most likely not been trained enough yet. Me and Lewis were both given the criticism that the staging was very awkward between us. I think this is something we need to work on in our time as this will take a lot of time getting use to. The duet is not the only time we interact so we need to make sure that staging is not awkward between us throughout the musical. The only criticism I was given for 'Today 4 U' was the staging again, the vocals were 'perfect', just the staging I need to figure out what I am going to do when i'm singing. I also sung this song in heels which was quite a challenge itself, however I soon got the hang of it. Henri was still off due to glandular fever which meant that Taylor had to sing 'Light my candle' with an understudy.
This lesson I have learnt what I need to focus on to improve my weaknesses into strengths.
No comments:
Post a Comment