Friday, 7 October 2016

29/09/16-SIngle

Today in this lesson it was again theory based. We presented our presentation to the class, I think we presented our presentation very well as the everyone was engaged. After we presented ours we had to watch other people present theirs. I listened to make sure any I didn't know about i could write down. Once everyone had presented their presentation, our teacher had their own presentation that they showed us. This was full of extra information about Brecht and his past that we did not know about. For example Brecht escaped Nazi Germany when he was young and fled to America. After this we was introduced to a play by Brecht which was 'Mother Courage'. We was put into a group of 5 which was Joe, Alice, Hugh, Callum and me. I was going to play Mother Courage as Brecht was a fan of cross gendering actors. Alice was going to play Kattrin. Hugh was going to play the sergeant with Joe playing the Recruiter. Finally Callum was going to play Eillif. We briefly touched performing our scene we was given as it was the end of the lesson.


This lesson I have learnt that Brecht influenced Epic Theatre. Brecht used his technique to develop his Epic theatre. One of his most famous technique is breaking the fourth wall. This is where they make the audience realise they are still watching a play and they don't create emotional connection with characters.
Image result for mother courage

No comments:

Post a Comment