Tuesday, 25 October 2016

10/10/16-Double

In today's lesson we practiced our own solo and duet numbers. I practiced 'Ill cover you' with Lewis who plays Collins and i also practiced 'Today 4 U'. When we was practicing today for you I found it hard to hit the notes near the end. I think this was partly due to confidence although i was confident when singing 'La vie boheme' and 'Seasons of love', I was with a group of people  I felt the pressure to perform well was shared. Whereas pressure is on only me and Lewis, I think this idea scared me a little which decreased my confidence. Because of this, it made my singing seem forced and I wasn't confident enough in my voice to push myself and reach the notes at the end of 'Ill cover you'. Where the note was forced it wasn't as smooth as I needed it to be so my teacher said I just need to make sure that the note is softer. I need to practice singing this song to make sure I can train my voice to reach the notes. I can hit every note in 'Today 4 U' so I didn't have any problems practicing this song.
We are performing this to the class next lesson so i need to make sure I practice singing 'Ill cover you'.
This lesson I learnt what my weakness is and that is confidence, I need to build up my confidence in order to turn it into a strenght

No comments:

Post a Comment